Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Tribute to Bernadette Bayot-Hernandez...My Friend


Back when I was in college, I was hired into the 50's Doo Wop band, the Lovenotes, by Bernadette "Bernie" Hernandez.  I became one of the Highnotes.  We sang and danced and had such a WONDERFUL time!!!  Unfortunately for me, I had to end my career in entertainment, because I was nearing completion of my bachelor's in education...  Bernie, Bruno Mars' mom, was a GREAT lady.  She was so TALENTED, VERY FUNNY--she was an absolute one-of-a-kind.  Yes, Bernie passed recently and I am absolutely crushed that I could not see her one last time and be able to thank her for giving me the most wonderful entertainment experience and friendship I have ever known.  All my love to Bernie and my heartfelt condolences go out to her family... 
Aloha ~ Elena Carpio (Kamai)

No comments:

Post a Comment